2021 New Jersey Science Olympiad Tournaments
State Finals Tournament - Hosted virtually at https://scilympiad.com/nj - April 13-15, 2021
National Science Olympiad - Hosted virtually by Arizona State University - May 21-22, 2021
Event Lists and Virtual Competition Modifications have been posted
Event List is now finalized
Virtual Competition Modifications will be added, removed, and modified when needed
Check back often
2021 Season Update
We at New Jersey Science Olympiad have considered our options and possibilities for this season. We have surveyed the coaches and supervisors and have been in conversations with the National office, as well as surrounding states. We have also talked with our college hosts. Our steering committee met recently to discuss plans for the 2021 season.
The following is the plan for the 2021 season.
- We will be holding a single Mini SO Tournament - an all-virtual tournament. We will host one state tournament that all teams can participate in. We will not host regional tournaments this season. There will be no traditional, in-person tournaments.
- The registration fee has been reduced to $125 per school. This is a temporary reduction for 2021 only.
- The tournament will be held over three evenings on April 13, 14 & 15.
- Two event sessions will be held on each tournament day at approximately 4:45-5:35 PM and 6:00-6:50 PM
- Tournament results will be presented on Friday April 23.
- The list of events to be held at the 2021 Virtual State Finals Tournament will be posted on or about February 1, 2021. The event list will be a subset of events from the Science Olympiad Rules Manual with modifications made for virtual competition. Replacement events may be used in cases where a similar event is possible to an event that is not possible in a virtual competition.
- Teams will be limited to 15 students for the 2021 season and moving forward. Science Olympiad has asked that all states which were allowing additional students reduce the team size to 15.
- Coaches are encouraged to strongly consider volunteering as an event supervisor
- We expect to resume in-person events, including regional tournaments and elementary tournaments, in 2022
The members of the NJ Science Olympiad Steering Committee extend our sincerest thanks to all event officials and volunteers who will share their time, expertise and love of science with the students by supervising or assisting with events for our 2021 Virtual State Finals Tournament as well to Middlesex County College for hosting the 2020 State Finals Tournaments, and Camden County College, New Jersey Institute of Technology and Union County College for hosting 2020 regional tournaments. We appreciate your generous hospitality and support of New Jersey Science Olympiad and look forward to returning to your campuses for the 2022 season. This program could not exist without each and every one of you.